Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How do you stop eye liner from smearing?

I have tried so many different types of eyeliners and worn them in so many different ways. I'll apply it in the morning but by time I get home from school or later in the day, it's all smeared underneath my eyes. I rarely touch my eyes in school so I really don't know why it's smearing. Might it just be my eyes? Or the eyeliner or mascara I where? Help please! (btw I wear Jane eyeliner and Maybeline mascara)How do you stop eye liner from smearing?
try a new brand of eyeliner. like maybelline eyeliner. actually at target all of the eyeliner works well and doesnt smear. you also may be putting your eyeliner below your lash line so it smears. do you know if u are? next time when you put on your eyeliner, put it on your lash line..exactly! and also if that is hard using a Q-tip realy helps to get it onto your lash line and it may not smear as much if you use a Q-tip to even things out. hope this helps!How do you stop eye liner from smearing?
you can try powdering the eyeliner with translucent face power.


or you could you a little bit of eye shadow to smudge over the liner...which also gives a smokey look.


or you could try buying a eyeliner GEL instead of pencil. -- thats what i use. I use MAC's gel liner. It might be more pricey...but it lasts all day and definately doesnt smear. AND...each pot of it lasts pretty long too. at least much longer than any pencil. So it might be more expensive, but you wont run out of it for at least 6 months. Bobbi Brown also carries gel liner. it's pretty great!
Have you tried Bourjois Clubbing Liner and Mascara? (http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P199112) It's somewhat expensive compared to drugstore brands, but totally worth it. It lasts the whole day through.
The powder thing like the girl before me said works. Another good trick is eye primer fr your lashes. You put it on before putting on any eye makeup.. Eye primer will keep them from smearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
prevention