Friday, December 4, 2009

Eye liner on top and bottom eye lid?

I want to start wearing makeup but IDK if you are supposed to put it on the top or bottom or both eyelids!! I know, stupid Q! But if u can tell me, that would be great! I want it to look natural! Thanks!Eye liner on top and bottom eye lid?
totally not a stupid question! You generally wear it on both the top and bottom lid, on the bottom usually the waterline. you can watch youtube videos to see how people apply it!





If you want a more natural look though, avoid using black becuase black will really make your eyes dramatic and pop! I love it but sometimes for more casual I use brown instead.Eye liner on top and bottom eye lid?
If your just starting, here's the best way to go to make sure it looks nice and not raccoon-like. Eyeliner generally always goes on the top and the bottom and water lines are optional. For the top, if you close your eye and gently pull on the outer corner of your eye using your ring finger (always use ring finger when applying makeup to you eye. It has the least amount of strength and will cause the least amount of wrinkles). It will help you make your eye a bit straighter to put your line on. Always start thin and stay close to the lash line, getting slightly thicker towards the out edge. To keep it looking good until you get the hang of it, after wards grab an angled liner brush and smudge along the line. The get a shadow the same color as the liner and smudge it along the line again. The powder helps keep the wax in the liner from melting all over the place. For the bottom lashes, I would opt for using a shadow along your lower lash line over a liner. Use line on your waterline if you'd like (your water line is that little piece of skin above your lower lashes by your eye). You should also get a good primer to keep it from smearing. If you want a natural look, go more for browns over blacks. Good luck hon!
Honestly, you have to do what is best for your face. The shape and size of your eyes makes a huge difference.





Experiment with liquid eyeliners, pencils, and eyeshadows.





I like a natural look, but my eyes are rather small. So I *do* wear eyeliner on both top and bottom lashes, but I only put it on from the outer corner to the middle.





Another trick I have learned over the years is to use a dark eyeshadow and take a wet eyeliner brush (one you buy for this purpose), drag the wet brush over the eyeshadow and line your eyes with it. Eyeshadows come in so many colors that you can better match your true color and/or find the right color intensity. ANother example, I prefer charcoal over very black.) I also find it easier to control the wet eyeshadow than it is to use the liquid eyeliner products.





You'll just have to experiment to find out what looks best on you! : )
I wear mine on both top and bottom. Depending on how you apply it, depends on the natural look or any other look you're going for. I suggest starting with something light and simple until you get the hang of it. I use liquid eyeliner. It's really simple for me but others I talk to have a different opinion. Just don't over do it. You just want to give a little definition to make your eyes pop!
Depends on your style... I wear it at the outer corners of both my top and bottom lids. I do not wear black. I usually use gray or emerald green. Smear it a little when you apply it so you don't have hard lines, that will make it appear more natural with softer lines.





Now I do agree if you do both completely your eyes look smaller and not natural at all.
you can put it on both, but PLEASE dont do it at the same time, it makes eyes look way smaller, and it just looks strange .


i much rather use a liquid liner on my upper eyelid and make it into a small wing .
okay not on the bottom PLZZZZZZ


you will look like ur stoned


and upper lid


you can put it inside your eye like the part infront of ur eyelashes


but you have to use like natural colors or you look retarded
I started only wearing it on the bottom at first, but after a couple months i decided to put it on the top.
i usually put it on both top and bottom,


or sometimes just on top.


:)
it would be both but actually looks best in my opinion if you just put it on the top eye lid

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
prevention